Friday, September 12, 2014

Kaards By Kraafters Project

Over in the Kraafters Kommunity on Google+, we have a continuing kaard project where we meet via "Hangouts" once a month. We make kaards to brighten the days of others, to let them know we are thinking of them as they face life's challenges, and they are in our prayers.

We met online yesterday and these are the cards I made:

Sunshine:  I embossed the kraft card stock and matching envelop. The Sun is stamped and colored with Copics, then fussy-cut. The Orangish square is from a watercolor blocking I made with Distress Inks, which I cut up for this card.

My Thoughts:  Cream card stock, a watercolor blocking and stamping I made which I cut up for this card, thenstamped the dragon fly image over it and using an H2O Brush, I spread the water based ink to mute it and blend in with the other watercolors. Added some sparkler to the bursts with a silver Gel Pen.  Using the same Distress Ink Peacock Feather, I watercolored the cotton twine.



Hi:  Using the triple layer stamp techniques I gleaned from fellow card maker, Sheri Whitfield, I used Distress Inks to stamp the image, layered with turquoise paper. Stamped the dragon fly onto the card stock and also again onto a scrap, fussy-cut and adhered with foam tape.

Mugs:  Using the same watercolor paper, I stamped on the mugs, then colored with Copics. Embellied some mugs with silver Gel Pen for sparkle. Stained the ribbon with Distress Inks to match the colors in the card.


7 comments:

Nanettesplace said...

Just beautiful, Sylvia.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Nanette. Wish you could have stayed longer, but spending time with your newborn granddaughter trumps everything! !! Thanks for stopping in between rounds of sleep and visiting...

Unknown said...

These cards are just so thoughtful. I just love how touching they are yet they are so simple and not in the least over done. I just love them Sylvia! Thanks soooooo much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I wanted to apologize for not stopping by last night. I had a particularly rough day at work and was not feeling my best by any means. Then just as I was trying to answer the video call, my son Daniel announces that he needs a ride to his friends house. UGH, I really wasn't wanting to do that but he doesn't ask very often and so I felt I had to take him. When I came back home I fell asleep. I was going to pop in about 9:30 or 10:00 Eastern Time, but it didn't look like you were on any longer. Although I could be wrong I'm not entirely sure how to read all the status lights and signals. I will make a better effort to attend next month because I really want to know how to make these awesomely incredible cards! My dad and brother have b-days coming up on the 20th and 26th of Sept respectively and I really want to make them a special card. Anyway, I felt guilty that I didn't get to come and I will be sure to attend the next one!!
Big Hugs!!
Reeah.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

They're beautiful, Sylvia! I like the sunshine one most. So bright an and cheerful!

TaborTooth said...

Maria, thanks for your sweet comments. We certainly understand how Life gets in the way at times. Join when you can, cuz I think you would really, really like the hangout.

TaborTooth said...

Thank you, Zsuzsa. That's probably my fave too, cuz I love the brightness of it -- it's cheery