Monday, September 15, 2014

Gelli Plate playdate with Carolyn Dube, Day 1

Today begins a funtastic workshop, One Pull Wonders, working with the Gelli Plate.  Carolyn Dube of A Colorful Journey, has this great talent for creative, innovative and just plain fun techniques using the Gelli Plate. My first intro to the Gelli Plate was with an online workshop by Carolyn, who's patience, wit, humor and vast knowledge took the mystique out of this fabulous medium. She just makes ya wanna play along, the "Oh, Oh, pick me" type of teacher that just brings the creativity out of you.

If you want to "play along", visit her website and sign-up for the class called One Pull Wonders. It is an Online Classroom, which you take at your leisure, in the comfort of your home, when you want. It's a beautiful thing!!!

If you are familiar with the Gelli Plate, you know you can get more than one "pull" from the paint/media you have laid down on the plate. Each "pull" produces unique images, never the same.

Today she taught us a technique that just "rocks my socks"!!! It is soooo easy, so simple, yet produces these fabulous results of texture and layers all in one process!!! Here are my "pulls" from class today:

This is the first pull after applying paint and doing the process Carolyn demoed in class. Look at that texture in this -- amazing!!



This is the 2nd "pull". Still some texture, but not as much as the first "pull"



The 3rd gets less and starts to look somewhat distressed to me, like weathered wood



The 4th "pull" is more of a mop-up, to clear the Gelli Plate



The final one is just as amazing as the first "pull", and it was soooo simple to do. Look at all those colors, the way they mix, the texture...


If you want to learn how this was done, please join us in Carolyn's One Pull Wonders Online Workshop. You'll love it!!!


9 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Love your ghosts! So rich so rich in color and layers!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn. .. All because of you and your amazing GP ideas/techniques/tips/tricks and gelling plate love. ...

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love that colour explosion, Sylvia!

Rose Tresures said...

Wow, I am so in love with your colors!!!!! hugs, Patty

Unknown said...

Oh, Zsuzsa thank you!!! I just love playing with the Gelling Plate...

Unknown said...

I do love the brights! !! Thanks, Patty

Unknown said...

This is really Kool! I have been wanting to experiment with the Gelli Plate & I believe you have just given me the perfect reason to buy one and try it out. Thanks for posting the information about the workshop Sylvia or I would never have know about it.You're just wonderful like that I hope you know :-)
Big Hugs!
Reeah.

TaborTooth said...

Awww, Reeah, thank you!!! I just love the Gelli Plate and all the stuff one can do on it. Ya know, you can make a Gelli Plate. There are lots of YouTube vids on making them. They have also come out with some smaller ones that are not as expensive.

Heather said...

I am so very jealous of your time with Carolyn Dube and I see she even commented on your blog!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!

Lovely pulls and thanks for sharing them - as always you astound me with your talents.