Thursday, April 19, 2012

Embossing acrylic...

While at the CK Scrapbook Convention in Mesa, AZ, last weekend, I spoke with Jim Frase of ClearScraps.com about their amazing product. I love making books, embellishments, pages out of ClearScraps acrylic. Jim asked if I had ever embossed their acrylic and I had not. He said any of their acrylics can be embossed, except those lined in the brown paper.  He suggested leaving the protective film on, but it was not necessary.

So I brought out my Sizzix today and played around. It worked wonderfully. I used Tim Holtz A2 Medium Wing to emboss one of the butterfly's wing, also used  Sizzix Butterfly 38-9520 Embossing Folder on two more acrylic butterfliss and finished with Tim Holtz;s A2 Large Fancy Floral for the last butterfly.

I then used TH sanding block on two of the embossed butterflies for a frosted texture. 

I love this technique!!!  Thanx Jim!!!




No comments: