Saturday, April 21, 2012

Compendium of Curiosity 2, Challenge 2

This week's challenge comes from page 58 of Tim Holtz's book, Compendium of Curiosity 2. Although I did not have all the required supplies, I did visit 3 stores to find the SnowCap mixative. But, as my luck would have it, none of the stores in my area or surrounding area had it. Drats, I so wanted to complete this technique!!!

Undaunted, I improvised using the background info gleamed from attending Tim's On-Line Course, Creative Chemistry 101!!! Since I learned about the differences in inks, I pulled out a white pigment dye ink pad to use in place of SnowCap. It worked!!! Granted, I had to apply several coats to get coverage I wanted, but it worked.

While it might not qualify for the criteria in this Challenge, I am sooo glad I took Tim's CC101, else I would not have been able to improvise as I did.

Here's my tag:


I used a copper embellishment, and followed the procedures on page 58 in Tim's book.

Thank you Linda for another great Challenge. If you would like more info, please visit Linda's blog at 

4 comments:

Shelann said...

Great job winging it with the supplies, this turned out lovely.

Linda Ledbetter said...

You get an A+ in both artistry AND improvisation! Nice work using that Creative Chemistry knowledge to make this challenge work for you! This is gorgeous and a spectacular expression of CC2C #2!!!

Terry said...

Love your color choices for the faux patina technique! Gorgeous tag and design!

Vic said...

Your tag is very pretty! (Please consider turning word verification off. I love commenting but it makes it so difficult.)