Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Altered Book

I picked up a very cheap sketch book, which I took apart, Gelli Plated all the pages, then altered the covers. I was able to make 3 books from that one purchase. I found when I Gelli Plated all 100 pages, front and back, they would not fit back into the book with the size of the d-wire included. So I made 3 books, of 33, 33 and 34 pages each. The Gelli Plate process expanded the thickness of the pages, even though the paint is thin on each page, it is just enough to make a difference.

This is the cover I made for my daughter's book. I gessod the covers, spayed Perfect Pearls mini mister sprays I made up, added embellies, then spray varnished to seal.

I love how I was able to get 3 books from this one $6.00 purchase!!!

No comments: