Saturday, November 3, 2012

OnLineCardClass - Holiday Card Workshop

Day 3: Faux Fresco

This technique is absolutely fabulous!!! I love the subtle colors and the look the gesso imparts.  Julie Ebersole created a wonderful card on Day 3 of the Online Card Classes - Holiday Card Workshop that I just had to try... It just speaks vintage!!


I used Bazzill card stock for the card.  Using the Sizzix ThankFul embossing envelop, I embossed a off-white paper. Following Julie's technique, I used three Copic markers to highlight the embossed words. I first applied Distress Stains White Picket Fence over the embossing, as Julie did, but I was not satisfied with the results... the Copic colors were too prevalent, so I used white gesso to cover the whole embossing. Still not satisfied, I took the White Picket Fence Distress Stain and dabbled it on the spots that were too full of color. Finally I achieved the results I wanted.  I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to edge the embossing for a more vintage look.  I then made a flower from Core-dinations stock using Tim Holtz's Pinecone die, adding its die cut branch and a leaf. I wrapped the face of the card with  sage colored Twine, embossed the sentiment in white, then mounted it with foam squares.


No comments: